Teen Ambassador Program
A yearlong learning opportunity for students entering grades 10 through 12.
Offering a behind-the-scenes look into the 9/11 Memorial & Museum, ambassadors examine artifacts from the Museum and explore ongoing themes and issues raised by 9/11. With this foundation, ambassadors write artifact talks and learn how to present them effectively to visitors. In addition, ambassadors gain professional experience by helping with hands-on activities for young visitors and their caregivers.
Thursdays 4:30–6:30 p.m., mid-September through mid-May
- Sessions include presentations by guest speakers, artifact investigations, group discussions, introduction to museum-education techniques, and honing public speaking skills
- Topics include what happened on 9/11, the repercussions of the attacks, the design of the 9/11 Memorial & Museum, and the rebuilding of the World Trade Center
- A $750 stipend is offered upon the successful completion of the program
- Program requirements include attending all after-school sessions, participation in Saturday family programs, and completing all homework assignments
- Travel expenses are covered
Applications for the 2020–2021 teen ambassador program will open in May 2020. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.