Welcome to the media center of the 9/11 Memorial & Museum. Media professionals interested in our institution may use this section of the website to find timely information, arrange a visit, request permission to film, access background information, and download high-resolution images and video for use in news and travel media pieces.
Museum Visitation: More than 17.5 million visitors
Memorial Visitation: More than 51 million visitors
Michael Frazier, Executive Vice President and Deputy Director for External Affairs
(212) 312-8808 | email@example.com
Kate Monaghan Connolly, Senior Vice President, Communications
(212) 312-8832 | firstname.lastname@example.org
For all marketing inquiries, please contact:
(212) 266-5209 | email@example.com
High-resolution photography and HD b-roll video of the Memorial plaza, the Museum, and noteworthy events at the site are available for download at www.911memorial.org/digitalassets. Request the password to the assets by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additionally, we invite you to learn more about our institution through our Year in Review and From Plaza to Bedrock infographic. Both provide important information about our site and our programming.
You can download our institutional backgrounder here. This document serves as an informational tool for members of the media who are interested in the 9/11 Memorial & Museum.
Those looking for access to work on the Memorial and the Museum site must complete the form at the bottom of this page.
A visit to the 9/11 Memorial & Museum is widely regarded as one of the most essential experiences in New York City. This addendum contains information for travel media, including logistical information for individuals who are planning a visit. Please refer to the backgrounder informational tool for general information about the Memorial and the Museum.
The 9/11 Memorial & Museum takes great care to preserve the sacredness of our site as part of our responsibility to our stakeholders, especially 9/11 family members, first responders, and members of the community personally affected by the attacks of September 11, 2001 and February 26, 1993. All media working on the site should observe the following guidelines:
- Both on the Memorial plaza and within the Museum, all equipment should be kept to a minimum and must be easily carried by the crew.
- All media must be accompanied by a member of the communications team inside the Museum; only credentialed members of the media working on assignment will be accommodated on scheduled visits.
- Interviews are not permitted inside the Museum unless prior arrangements have been made through the Communications Department, including Museum employees and volunteers. For interviews, please submit a request via the form below.
- Photography and videography are prohibited in the historical and memorial exhibitions; however, b-roll of both spaces can be made available via the form below upon request.
- Scheduled visits are subject to change.
In addition to the aforementioned, all working media must observe the normal rules and regulations of the Memorial and the Museum. Thank you in advance for your cooperation to make your visit successful.
Access for Film, Television, and News Media Professionals
The Communications Department regularly provides access to the site. To request a visit, please send an e-mail to email@example.com with the name of your organization, contact information, and preferred visit date. Please know that tickets are reserved for working media only and limited to two per outlet.
All media interested in filming at the 9/11 Memorial & Museum must receive prior written authorization from the Communications Department. All filming requests for news, travel, and documentary projects will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis and must be sent to the Communications Department via the form below.
Please click here to read our filming guidelines, and you can find more information about the 9/11 Memorial & Museum as a filming location via the link below.
News Releases and Statements
Read our press releases from 2011 to present.